Lead Vehicle Technician
Date advertised: 10/12/2018
Closing date: 31/01/2019
Due to significant success in the award on new business for the UK wide Ultra Low Emission Zones, a vacancy has arisen to fit, service and repair vehicles in the UK, predominantly in the London area. You will work for a market leader in emissions reduction technology, and be involved in the fit, diagnostics, repair and service of Engine exhaust after treatment devices and stainless steel exhaust systems for PSV and HGV vehicles. A general sound working knowledge of diesel, automotive electrical, air and fuel systems will be required along with Mechanical skills. Excellent knowledge of CAN and vehicle OBD. Significant experience and use of diagnostic tools such as Jaeltest, Insite 6, STAR or similar.
Location: Stoke, Staffordshire
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
The role whilst based in Stoke will require a large degree of UK travel for the first 6 months to enable training, all travel is fully expensed and a company vehicle will be issued (please be aware if used for personal use, the tax is payable by the employee). Candidates will need to be able to work flexibly and have the ability to work additional hours when required.
• Carrying out SCR(T) exhaust after treatment system fitment, repair and maintenance
• Ability to diagnose electrical and mechanical faults on Eminox systems
• Wherever required, to attribute root cause to other vehicle systems using diagnostic skills and engineering knowledge, to raise customer awareness of issues they are responsible for.
• Frontline customer facing to ensure customer is aware of all work conducted
• Ensure work is conducted to all company and local health and safety requirements
• Write concise reports on identified issues and recommended actions
• Maintain the department housekeeping and documentation standards
• Take an active role in our continuous improvement culture
• Train other service personnel in diagnostic work
• Be responsible for workloads of technicians
• Run an expensed van and it’s stock levels
As our employee you will ensure that all environmental, health and safety requirements are met. These include:
• Comply with Health & Safety policy and standards
• Take personal accountability for your own safety at work
• Take reasonable care for your colleagues’ health and safety
• Identify and report hazards, incidents and accidents
• Keep work areas clean and tidy
Use all equipment in a safe manner, observing the duty not to misuse or interfere with anything provided in the interests of health and safety.
You must also ensure all customer requirements for this job role are met.
Education and Qualifications:
• A good standard of education
• Role would suit an OEM Master Technician from light vehicle or HGV /PSV Background looking to become an expert in the field of Engine After Treatment Repair and Maintenance.
• A City and Guilds in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering would be desirable
• Time served recognised apprenticeship in an automotive or engineering trade
• Significant experience of working with light vehicles, HGV or PSV vehicles, or equivalent time in an engineering discipline
• Experience in Heavy Duty Diesel maintenance would be beneficial but suitable candidates for light vehicle are encouraged
• Must have a full UK driving licence
• Significant experience in OBD and CAN fault diagnosis
• Confident demonstrable user of Diagnostic tools such as Star, Jaltest, Insite
• Computer literate familiarity with MS office in particular Outlook and Excel.
• Sound comprehension of engineering drawings/BOMs
• Ability to work on own initiative and contact customers to arrange visits
• Ability to fill paperwork in to correct corporate standards after each vehicle service.
• Ability to visualise how components will function in an assembly
• Must own standard automotive tools, for job. Specialist equipment and tools will be provided where required.
• A full class 1 licence would be an advantage
• Any fabricating and welding skills would also be advantageous.
• Good communication skills
• Able to achieve results quickly and accurately
• Presentable and professional manner for front line dealing with customers
• Creative and innovative with an ability to challenge ideas
• Demonstrable problem solving abilities.
• Ability to work well as part of a team is essential
• Able to work with minimal supervision on your own initiative
• Enthusiastic, reliable, honest and conscientious
• Good communicator with strong interpersonal skills
• Be prepared to learn new skills
In line with GDPR regulations, by applying for this role, you consent for Eminox Ltd to hold your personal data in relation to the job application you have applied for. This information will be shared between HR and the Recruiting Manager. If you are successful in the role, your information will be stored on our HR database/personnel files/payroll. If you are unsuccessful in the role, your details will be held for a period of 12 months in the recruitment folder and then destroyed.