Date advertised: 10/01/2019
Closing date: 01/02/2019
We are looking for a driven individual with previous experience in a demand-based role within an engineering or automotive business.
Location: Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
The Demand Controller is responsible for all incoming business demand for both Original Equipment and Retrofit. This Department forms the gateway through which all customer demand must pass before acceptance by the business. This will ensure that the Department meets its objectives of maintaining up-to-date customer schedules and order information and providing a high level of customer service. The goal is to keep the Department running in an efficient manner, to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention and to meet their expectations. In this role, you will also undertake the day-to-day management of the Department.
• In conjunction with the Demand Planner, responsible for Weekly Demand Control review meeting
• Responsible for co-ordination of the business forecast into the Operations team and co-ordination of this with the Internal Sales Executive
• Reviewing customer demand before acceptance to ensure we can achieve the requested deliveries. Negotiating this where necessary with the customer to ensure alignment to the internal plan
• Reporting of key business metrics including arrears and OTIF. Reporting this out to the business
• Responsible for the day to day organisation of the Customer Service Department workload in order to ensure that:
In addition, the role will entail:
- Schedules and orders are received from customers and following contract review, are entered on the business system in a timely manner
- Customers are informed of delivery dates obtained from production planning and purchasing
- Customers concerns and queries are promptly dealt with
- Ensure accurate records are documented and kept of customer service actions and discussions
- New sales enquiries are acknowledged by the next working day
- The enquiry process is used for each enquiry
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
As our employee you will ensure that all environmental, health and safety requirements are met. These include:
- Providing and achieving key performance measures through analysis of statistics and compilation of accurate reports
- Mentor and develop the team
- Assisting other team members with their responsibilities as and when required
- Assisting the sales management team when required to provide commercial information for external and internal customers
- Identify areas of improvement and work with colleagues across the business for implementation of sustainable change
• Comply with Health & Safety policy and standards
• Take personal accountability for your own safety at work
• Take reasonable care for your colleagues’ health and safety
• Identify and report hazards, incidents and accidents
• Keep work areas clean and tidy
Use all equipment in a safe manner, observing the duty not to misuse or interfere with anything provided in the interests of health and safety.
You must also ensure all customer requirements for this job role are met.